Home » Combined Meeting of Post-harvest Project and SDF’s Counter Agencies
Combined Meeting of Post-harvest Project and SDF’s Counter Agencies
SDF is organizing a combined project meeting for Implementing Agencies and Counterpart Agencies of the project “Post-Harvest Management and Value Addition of Fruits in Production Catchments in SAARC Countries” from October 4-6, 2017 in Thimphu and Paro, Bhutan.
Post-Harvest project is implemented in all SAARC member states except India with a total approved budget of USD 4,979,075.00. The main objectives of the project are:
1. To identify and share the knowledge on post-harvest and fruit processing technologies across the SAARC countries.
2. To adapt, evaluate and disseminate post-harvest, processing and value addition technologies for fruits in SAARC countries.
3. To establish post-harvest infrastructure and value addition in production catchments of fruits in SAARC countries.
4. To develop effective marketing linkages of processed products in SAARC countries.
5. To assess the impact of adapted technological packages at project sites.
6. To ensure product quality and safety in the adoption of package of technologies.
The meeting will review the status of project implementation in the participating SAARC Member States and agree on the way forward for enhancing the impact of the project in the South Asia Region.