The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on SDF’s current and future operational needs.
SDF advertises internship assignments and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The internship program offers the opportunity to work in a major international development organization;
• work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 8 different countries; • gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work SDF does; and • Contribute to SDF's business through research outputs.
Internship candidates must:
• be enrolled in a Graduate, Master's- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the SDF member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment; • be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to SDF's work; • be a national of one of SDF's members; • possess an excellent command of English; and • Have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
SDF does not accept applications from close relatives of SDF personnel.
• SDF announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest. • Candidates apply through email or walk-in, prepare for their CVs and answer the mandatory questions. o documents (CV and essay) are attached with email to apply. o Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. o To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
• SDF evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. SDF also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Current Opportunities (Focus Area’s)
1. Project Management 2. Monitoring & Evaluation (Projects) 3. Information & Technology 4. Communication & Media management 5. Human Resource Management 6. Financial Management
No opportunities at this time. Please check again soon.
For questions related to internship, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line:SDF Internship Program